– This year TV Christmas calendar is called “Barna Hedenhös uppfinner julen” and you can watch it here here online. (Swedish only)
– This year’s radio Christmas calendar can be found here. (Swedish only)
– All four Sundays before Christmas eve are known as Advent.
– On every advent we light a candle:
– Advent fika means eating ginger cookie/ gingerbread, drink coffee and mulled wine. (glögg)
– Gingerbread used to be seen as medicine for getting kind
Christmas pastries and candy
– Building your own gingerbread houses.
– Knäck (Be careful with your teeths)
– Nuts and fruits
– Mulled Wine (Glögg)
– We celebrate Saint Lucy’s Day 13/12 and make sure you aren’t missing it!
– We have plenty of Christmas dinners and all during december with colleagues, friends and so on. See what things we eat here! (Scroll down)
– Remember we celebrate mostly on Christmas Eve (24th dec) and not on Christmas Day.(25the dec)
– Christmas goat in Gävle burns down every year. See the full terrible story here 😛.
– Christmas gifts are of great importance
– Please be aware about supermarket, banks and other store’s opening hours on Christmas eve and Christmas day!
– Mellandagsrea! The BIG discount days, it’s between Christmas and New Years eve, often cheap electronics but you can find all kind of stuff much cheaper. Don’t miss this!
– Christmas tree plastic or real always a big debate
– Santa Claus is important
– Donald Duck: Every year on Christmas Eve 15.00 o’clock on channel 1 SVT. Important! Read more about this tradition and see clips here.
– Julmust: Coca Cola christmas edition!
– We made a calendar and newsletter. Sign up to the left or just click here!
God jul! – Merry Christmas!
We wish you a warm and truly happy Christmas time!
//Elin and Chris
WeChat ID: “Welcome_Sweden”